Deluxe Jumper Cables
Jumper cables can bite!
Batteries have positive (+) and negative (-) terminals. Serious damage can result if polarity (+) to (+) is not connected correctly from one bike to the other. Check polarity at the battery posts, not by the battery cable color.
Before using check:
1. The same battery voltage on both bikes (vehicles)
2. The two bikes are not touching each other.
3. The ignition switches are off on both bikes.
4. Both bikes are in neutral.
Connecting and disconnecting the cables:
1. Connect one red clamp to the terminal post marked positive (+) on the bad battery.
2. Connect the other red clamp to the positive (+) terminal post on the good battery.
3. Connect the black clamp to the terminal post marked negative (-) on the good battery.
4. Connect the other black clamp to a good electrical ground on the bike, that is, the metal frame.
5. After the jumper cables are hooked up correctly, then start the bike with the good battery. Then start the other bike, do not crank for more then 15 seconds at a time.
6. Once the other bike is successfully started, remove the cables in reverse order, being careful in that the clamp ends do not come into contact with each other!